Thursday, April 21, 2011

Here's a variety of things.

First I have a PSA about email/online etiquette. Unless you're sincerely shocked, angry or joking, never use more than one question mark in a row. It makes casual questions look rude and urgent. Observe:

Did you get my voice mail?

Did you get my voice mail??


Or worse:

Did you get my voice mail????????????????

It should be obvious which of these is the least offensive and impatient-sounding, and yet I encounter multiple question marks on a fairly regular basis, even (especially?) in a professional setting. So do yourself and everyone else a favor and keep it at one. Trust me, you'll get punched less. Make sense??

Okay, I'm not grouchy, I'm just helping! See, smileys --> :) :) :) Do those look like the symbols of a grouchy person? I think not!

Today my friend texted me pictures of her view from a resort in San Diego, while preparing to head out to the pool. Yes, I'm jealous. I actually considered meeting her there (back when she found out about the trip, I mean), but it's a business trip, so the dates weren't flexible, and I'm busy this weekend. You know, Eastering and stuff.

But hey, while she's enjoying palm trees, at least I can enjoy the wind and hail, right? Actually, we've had some really nice (though chilly) days this week, and the hail was just on my lunch break.

I went out and took a few natury photos today. Nothing special, just the ground.











Holidays (and also non-holidays) make me want to bake, and I've been wishing I could make up a big batch of pastel M&M cookies for friends and coworkers. But I don't think that's a very good idea (I'd want to eat half the batch), so my friends should just know I did think of it, and I heard it's the thought that counts. Nothing says "Happy Easter" like the decision not to bake.

I hope to post this weekend, but in case I don't, have a great Easter!

7 comments:

  1. Did you get this comment????????????????????

    Feel free to bake cookies and send them to your friend Dan! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!!!!! =P

    I rarely use a lot of question marks unless I'm in disbelief or in shock. Like what tha????? type of feeling.

    I love your photos; they can be so simple and every day and yet they "sparkle" somehow. They just make me smile and I would love to be able to create shots like that.

    We woke up to hail/snow stuff. I even took a picture of it today. Just to prove it. Haha.
    BTW, I've done terribly at my photo a day lately. I did manage to take a few today though. (I skipped Mon,Tues and Wed; too busy and away from my home and camera)

    I'm in the mood to bake only because it's cold out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Samantha - your compliment was just what I needed tonight. :)

    I've been doing terribly with the Food 365 photos, so I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, love the photos! Those little, "everyday", plants that often go unnoticed by adults, are the finishing touches on any landscape. Little kids do notice them and collect them for presents!
    Your grouchy face to Dan made me laugh. - Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo that is all green(I think it was the third one down) was my favorite of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom and Dania - Thanks!

    Mom - True, kids find all kinds of random things. They're funny that way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...