Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter weekend

Today had probably the most beautiful weather of year, so far. It was both sunny and warm enough to go around in short sleeves, so I went to Deepwood Estate, which has a nice garden that I've visited a couple of times before.
Living in Oregon has definitely given me more appreciation for sunny days, and when we first start having some nice weather, it's like eating when you're really hungry or drinking water when you're very thirsty. It's so good and satisfying. But wandering around a quiet garden on one of those sunny days bumps the satisfaction up to the level of an amazing, home-cooked meal or the coldest, most delicious glass of crystal clear water.

I don't mean to be dramatic, but it was just so good to walk around in that setting. I wanted to text everyone I know and tell them how nice it was. That made me think about how I wish I were as excited to tell everyone the good news of Christ as I was the good news of sun. But, indirectly, appreciating flowers and sunshine and gardens and all of that natural beauty is recognizing God. (I do need to work on being more direct about it, though.) When I'm gushing about nature, I'm also gushing about the Creator.

So here's to God. Not only did he create awesomeness, but he created us to love it. We're capable of being inspired and fulfilled, sometimes when we aren't even looking for it. There are mysteries, and he lets us in on little pieces of them very slowly, and that propels us down whatever path he has for us. I'm sure there's a better way to say all of that, but I'm not so much with the words.


[TO BE CONTINUED]

9 comments:

  1. I think your words are lovely and falls beautifully in line with the garden experience you are sharing. :-) Many of us yearn to better express the most beautiful of stories, and yet it is hard to do justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can look at nature and see the fingerprints of God right in front of you. That's how I feel about it anyway! And your pictures speak louder than words :)

    And you lucky duck; getting sunshine!! We had rain on and off all day. Perhaps it was dreary but I didn't mind it too much; we had company come for lunch and it was cozy indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jessica, for the beautiful spring photos from Deepwood Estate. I'm so glad you had sun for your Easter Saturday. God is Amazing! The good news of Christ is the sun or Son. You use your words beautifully. Blessed Easter, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter. These pictures are lovely even though it doesn't sound like they compare with your experience in the garden. It's awesome when God meets us somewhere and let's us in on some of his secrets and wisdom, isn't it?! Thanks for letting us in as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mattie - Thanks!

    Samantha - Hey, you'll get your sunshine. :) You get plenty.

    Mom - Thank you! I have many more coming. Oh and it was actually nice for some parts of today (Easter) too. I know I whined about it on the phone. :)

    R - Thanks! Yes. Plus the sunshine isn't always ideal for photos, so that's why I went back the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures and sentiments : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. GUSH AWAY! Being able to take in the beauty and tie it into your faith is double joy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...