Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Springiness

There are lots of flowers coming up, and this doesn't cover them all, but I started feeling self-conscious crouching around various flowers at work to take pictures. I get like that.

Sorry for repeatiness here! I couldn't decide between certain ones. As usual!

PS I don't know flower names very well.


Hello, Darling!


This might be my favorite of the bunch. I love the little green arches along the bottom of the photo. So now you know it's all downhill from here!


Some colors are practically impossible for me to capture. Maybe it's just my camera, maybe it's cameras overall--I know not--but that flower is red, not pink. The one on the right, I mean. :)


Oh hey, more of these! It's like small, purple corn on the cob. Stick them on the grill, then add butter and pepper. Enjoy.

(Isn't it funny when recipes have "Enjoy" as their final instruction?)


Red! Seriously, it is.


Oh and these aren't fluorescent in real life.


I love these little Bells of Cuteness. That's their sciency name, anyway.


Trillium, right?




I'm allowed to put my watermark wherever I want.


I went a little overboard with photos of these, but I find them fun subjects, for some reason.


Their petals are just flopping around. They don't even care!










Last one of these, I swear.


BONUS: I just noticed that my lilies are starting to bloom! I didn't do anything to them--notice the dry dirt. Can you believe plants are actually living, despite my presence? (Or, as in the case of my aloe plant, despite me never repotting them even though they're all crowded?) I will keep you updated on these, fo sho.

What a lovely photo on which to end this post. Nothing says "Hello, spring!" like dry dirt.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Jess! I always like your nature pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Gorgeous. Beautiful!
    I love those little darling grape hyacinths and those white flowers are very ethereal.

    Oh, and I have the same issues with those reddish flowers. Red/pink is sometimes not true to color on my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's the color on your computer. The red looks red on the camilia and the daffodils are perfectly happy! Thanks, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're funny. :) I think the tiny white bells are lily of the valley. Which I LOVE, but the one time I planted them, they died quickly. I think it's too hot here for them.

    I love the bunch of purple cobs in the middle of the path!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look red to me : ) I like the pic of the blue corn on the cob in the middle of the path. You know I always like pics with paths in them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all!

    Brenda - Oh THOSE are Lily of the Valley? Wow, I wouldn't have thought that.

    Dan - Thanks...I'm actually not as into that photo, but have gotten a few compliments on it and a coworker wants me to use it in our next calendar.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...