Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Only one photo this time, sorry!

1. Local friends. I was considering this the other day. Not only is it amazing that I have more than one or two local friends at all, but several friends are even in a similar life situation as me (aka Christian, single, my age range, etc.). My introverted self doesn't need a LOT of time socializing outside the home, but knowing there are people I can call on to spend time with is awesome. It's also something I take for granted at times. Thanks, friends, for putting up with me!

2. Online friends. I know it might seem weird to some of you, but I have some really valuable relationships with people I originally met online (and some I still only know online).

3. Work projects that get done more quickly and easily than I feared. I don't think I need to add anything to that.


4. Recipes that turn out as well as I'd hoped. I made this Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins recipe into a cake, in order to use up my apples and canned pumpkin, and it's deeeeeeelicious! I used less sugar than it calls for, though--the topping is sweet enough to balance it.

5. The Old Testament. The stories are really interesting, so I find it easier to keep up with Bible reading (something I confess I'm NOT great about) when I get to reread OT stories. Right now I'm in Joshua.

6. Sketches in my notes. Something I've been trying this week is to have a little more freedom in my Bible note-taking. I've been drawing very quick (and very bad--I'm talking about stick-figures here, so don't get any ideas about a detailed drawing that I'm being modest about) sketches to depict something from what I read. It's fun and it helps me visualize the situation a little better, making it more real.

7. Feeling good without trying. Sometimes it's easy to take for granted when I just feel fine, with no particular worries or ailments, and I didn't even do anything to get myself to that place.

8. Stock photos and graphics. I rely on them a lot more than I used to. There's some great stuff out there for pretty cheap, and it makes my job a lot easier.

9. Taking portraits. I actually haven't done this very much recently, and it's making me crave it, and appreciate the times I've been able to do it.

10. We're hiring another designer at work. That should help a lot! If you or someone you know is interested in a graphic design job in Salem, Oregon, let me know. I can link you to the info (I don't like to say where I work to the public).

5 comments:

  1. And well-purged after venting, you're more able to feel thankful about stuff. :) I'm also very glad about that! That cake looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have one giant slice of that cake with a big glass of whole milk please. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I would like the recipe, please. The cake looks delish.
    I'm sure Dad would love it, too.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the local and online friends!! I hope you get another designer; I wish I was qualified for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Yes, the cake was excellent. The recipe is linked in this entry. :)

    I wish you were too, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...