Saturday, November 26, 2011

Catching up

I haven't been very posty, mostly because I don't have a lot of photos and I just haven't felt like putting forth any blog energy on my vacation. :) But today my Project 52 photo is due, so I thought I'd mix it with a few other pictures and comments.


Project 52: I was watching this squirrel on my neighbor's deck. She had some sort of berry plant that he liked.


But the click of my camera made him a little nervous.




He's suspicious. ("I think this character is going to be suspicious about stuff." - Joey from Friends)


Food non-Friday: I had many delicious and special foods on Thanksgiving. Breakfast was orange cinnamon rolls! Just the Pillsbury kind, nothing fancy, but they're special since I so rarely buy these.


Thankful non-Thursday: One of the joys in life is clean sheets, so I had to take a picture after I made my bed up clean. Hey...how did he get in there? :) That's my orca, Finnegan! I'm a grownup.


More fall: Photo taken in the past couple of weeks.


Where are they now? While I'm being random, here's my old Cabbage Patch doll that I told you about. My mom sent me a photo she had taken after she restored her from her one-armed state and sewed her a new dress. She is now apparently living a happy life in New Mexico with my niece.

Disappointing fact: People have said I look like a Cabbage Patch doll. :|

How has your Thanksgiving break been? We get three days off from work, so I have five days of down time. It's actually been really awesome! I managed to do a little cleaning and filing, I cooked foods I normally am too lazy to make, I've almost finished season 7 of The Office after signing up for a free month of Netflix, I talked to some of my family members, shopped, paid bills, slept in, read, played games, planned out some of my gift-giving, listened to music, and have been extremely lazy at some moments. Now I just need to not feel guilty about it and I'll be great.

Have a nice weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Look at that crazy little buddy all up in your sheets!

    Love the B&W squirrel pic of course : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this post had me laughing my sides out. I don't even know where to start, except to say that I, too, have often been mistaken for a Cabbage Patch (CP) doll in life. It comes in really handy sometimes though when I don't feel like talking to someone -- I just freeze with my arms out straight and make that CPy smile and they nod knowingly, realizing that CP dolls can't really talk. So they move on.

    Squirrel in prison in picture one -- finally, one of them has been caught after stealing all my bird seed over the years. Yes.

    We recently got a roll of those Cinnamon Rolls ourselves (not orange-flavored) and the first bite was like a taste of the old days. We did them a lot in the early days of marriage -- now C just bakes too darn well to settle for canned (his choice). But we did for one day last week and we did not regret it. Ha.

    Probably lots more to say here ... but I don't want to get fired as a commenter on your site for making my comments longer than your posts. Anyway, thanks for the good smiles and laughter. I enjoyed this post.

    P.S. Don't feel guilty. :) Planned lazy isn't lazy ... it's just rest. Which everyone needs. Also, you've already accomplished more in 5 days than I have all month, so good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dan!

    R - Wow, someone woke up on the goofy side of the bed! I haven't tried actually tricking people into thinking I'm a CP doll, but maybe I will. Like at the store, when I run into someone I know but don't want the small talk. It would probably work even better in the toy aisle at Walmart, or something. Thanks for the tip!

    Squirrel prison doesn't look too bad for him, though. They're going to start committing crimes just to get in.

    Wow, I'm surprised C allowed canned cinnamon rolls into the house! And happy. :)

    Oh and trust me, I'm sure you've accomplished WAY more than me. I didn't raise any kids or host company this holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some amazing squirrel photos.

    I have an orca too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the very enjoyable post. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great squirrel shots; he's a cute one!
    You look like a cabbage patch doll? No way!! I don't think so....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the nice comments, all! :) Thanks for commenting and reading regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squirrels are one of my FAVE photo subjects!! Love these!

    I could seriously eat the whole can of those rolls. I make sure only to make them when other people are around. It's still rare.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...