Friday, November 18, 2011

Portraits - Katrina


My friend Katrina graciously agreed, once again, to let me take some pictures of her. :) (See a previous session here.) It was yet another lovely afternoon at work when we could take a 15-minute break for photos. I was glad to practice photographing flare/into the sun, and I definitely learned a lot about what not to do. :P But I'm still happy with several shots.

I forgot to do this with Heather, but read between the photos for fun facts about Katrina!


What are some of your favorite books? Favorite books of all time include The Boxcar Children, The Bobbsey Twins, and Sue Barton. Yeah, I’m a big fan of kids’ books. These days I rarely I have time to read.


What’s your favorite way to spend your free time? Free time, ha! Love to read, but usually quilting wins out. Because I love that too!

It's a lot harder than it seems to catch a good leaf-tossing shot that isn't too blurry.


If you could be doing any type of work, what would it be? My dream job would be at home as a wife and mom. But since I am neither, and can’t live in dreamland, I do love office work, which is convenient, because that’s what I do. :)


Name some of your favorite foods. Tacos, pizza, chocolate (because chocolate is a food, right?)


What’s one of your favorite holiday traditions? I enjoy my church’s candlelight service at Christmas.

Thanks again, Katrina. I'm sure this isn't the last time you'll be featured in my blog! :)

5 comments:

  1. Tell her that I agree on chocolate being a food :)

    Nice shots. One of my favorites is the one where she is holding the leaf out.

    And I like the 8th photo where she is sitting down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what you can do with 15 minutes, Jessica. You're terrific. Nice job, Katrina, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! My favorite is the closeup of her sitting down with her head on her right arm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Samantha!

    R - Thanks! I kind of like the challenge of 15 minutes because it forces me to choose the poses and locations I'm especially interested in trying, and then to move on quickly if it's not working out. It gives me an excuse to move on, I guess.

    Dan - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry so late in commenting. The protraits are great! I'm just catching up on my blog reading.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...