Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Wow, I have to say, I am so not feeling this post! I started typing it up yesterday, which is a good thing, otherwise I'd probably just want to rant. Anyway, switching gears from this cheerful first paragraph...

Goooood things from this week:



1. The sunrise yesterday morning, and the fact that I was available to photograph it.

2. The weather. It's chilly, but not very rainy, and there's been sun! Fall is about at its peak, so the colors are getting awesome. I'm sorry to say I haven't really taken many photos, but I'm hoping to over the next few days before all the leaves fall.





3. Morning fog, because even though it can be a bit of a driving hindrance, it makes for some awesome scenery.

4. Sims 2 Castaway for Wii! (I thought I'd switch gears from all the nature references.) I probably shouldn't be grateful for the time-suck that is this game, but it's just fun. I don't even know why because, in a way, it's tedious. But I like having little escapes and to relax on my couch. So yeah, I'm a potato.

5. My smartphone. Have I mentioned this yet? I have an Android phone and I've been loving it. Aside from the adjustment process, which is always tiresome.

6. Surprise money. It wasn't much, but the other day I came across both a check and some cash in my wallet that I had forgotten about. Also, one of my bills was less than I thought. Those discoveries all took place within about 10 minutes of each other, so it was a fun Monday night.

7. Mexican food. I love Mexican food, and I had it for two of my birthday meals (I had a total of six different birthday meals!!). My friend P made enchiladas for my church group birthday gathering, and my coworker D took me to Mexican for lunch yesterday. Both were delicious meals. Can I say "meals" more?

8. Ibuprofen. How great is that stuff for sore muscles?

9. Fresh starts. We get them every day, every week, etc. etc. It's good.

10. Job security. I have plenty of that lately.

6 comments:

  1. I'm thankful, once again, for your totally inspiring and beautiful photos. I've had a tough day myself and it was such a joy to read through your post and view the beauty captured through your lens. Peaceful even. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too... it truly is a beautiful time of the year!

    I love Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being thankful : ) I love Mexican food too! Happy B-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these posts : )

    I like that you're enjoying Sims 2!

    I like the idea of fresh starts. A very good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos!!! Sorry I'm a day late and a dollar short, but you found some money so it's ok. I'm STILL adjusting to my phone, but I do like it. Your dad helped me to get back on track with it.
    Thank you for your post. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. R - That's very nice, thanks!

    Samantha - Thanks for reading/commenting! :)

    Jonathan - Haha..you're welcome for being thankful. And thanks! My birthday is long gone, it seems.

    Dan - Thanks! I'm glad people like them. Sometimes they take a lot of energy, but they are good for me.

    Mom - I think you've been handling your phone very well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...