Sunday, October 23, 2011

Silver Falls


During my parents' visit we went to Silver Falls State Park. I like taking visitors there because it's nearby (about 30-40 minutes from Salem) and has beautiful sights year round. There are clean bathrooms, safe trails, a nice visitor's center, and a few different hiking options depending on your time frame and energy level. It's the perfect blend of civilization and nature. And that's my plug for Silver Falls!


The most popular waterfall there is called South Falls (boring name). I had to take a photo of my mom photographing it because she so rarely takes pictures. :) This is an odd sight. She's good with her iPhone, though--nice composition, Mom!


The coolest feature of South Falls is the trail that goes behind it.


I didn't take a ton of waterfall photos since I have so many on my computer already (some are here). This time I think I enjoyed the natural setting more.



I don't think I've ever gone up here to the stream that leads into South Falls. There are some really pretty scenes, and the water is surprisingly calm and shallow up there.


The fall color was looking nice up there. I kind of want to go back this season when it's at its peak.


You know me and path photos! We arrived early enough on a cloudy day that it wasn't very crowded, as you can see.


I thought this looked more like the house from Hansel and Gretel than a bathroom. It seemed to be locked, but isn't it quaint?


I think this is North Falls, but I'm not positive. There is a lookout for this view, and a trail that takes you a bit closer (we didn't go on it).


I think that little curving trail is very picturesque.


We took another trail that had some nice colors. My parents were very cooperative when I kept requesting their photo. I need more pictures of them, plus it gives some perspective.


One of many stalker photos.


Here's the waterfall we came to on this trail. What is this.. Twin Falls? I really can't remember.


My cute mom.



Have you been to Silver Falls?

7 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous there and I can see how it would be even prettier once the fall foliage really gets going. Your parents are cute and your Mom's hair is lovely!! You captures some nice shots of them. And I love the one where your mom is taking a photo of the falls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took a lot of photos of us. I hadn't realized how many. That was a really fun day. Your photos of the scenary are lovely. Thank you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Thanks for sharing them : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lucky we have such photogenic parents! :) But the falls are nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe now it'll be easier to leave a comment here. LOL. I love Silver Falls. Haven't been there in 2+ years but have always wanted to do the full circle of trail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all!

    Mom, oh there are even more. This is just a small sample. :) I can always use more photos of you guys, though!

    R, I know...how come I couldn't take after them? :(

    toocheap - Me too. I never do it because it feels like a big time investment and I'll need to be prepared with snacks and stuff. But I need to make a point to do it. Maybe in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...