Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wind Farm

I thought I'd share a few photos I took on the way down to San Felipe. I've always been intrigued (and sort of creeped out*) by wind farms and have wanted to take pictures at one. Maybe one day I'll find one where I can stop and spend some time, but I was happy to take some from the window as we drove this past Saturday.

This was, I'm guessing, the San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm.

I made several of these black and white because the color wasn't all that interesting. And let's face it, it's cooler.

I'm editing these outside on the patio, so my screen is doing a bit of reflecting and I may have over/under exposed something. Just go with it.

They're coming for you.

Love this accidentalish shot. I can pretend I planned it to have that whooshing tree so it would show movement and energy, much like the type created by these turbines!

Now I bet I'll take more photos on our way home and wish I had waited to include some in this post. Oh well--if I must do two wind farm posts, the world will probably keep spinning.

*They're so huge! They have big blades. Wouldn't it be scary to be dropped off alone at a wind farm at night?

5 comments:

  1. Great shots! I love wind farms. And yes, those blades are ginormous. Have you ever seen them on the back of a truck?! Craziness.

    P.S. I wasn't sure if I could text you there or if you're checking email, but so you know, we did get the flash drive the other day and S is busy looking through the photos over several days so we can narrow our choices. Thank you!

    P.P.S. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind farms creep me out too. I'm sure we've talked about that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE wind farms and while the photos of them are cool, even better are the mountains, my goodness. The ache of missing them has started just from these phoyos. It's a good ache. I'm so glad you posted these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, that last shot is cool. Kind of looks like energy coming from the mills.

    P.S. All of your photos are coming through beautifully. You were concerned that they were too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. R - Thanks! Yes I have. Or maybe I saw a photo you took of one? Yeah I left my phone on airplane mode because I was paranoid if anyone texted that it would come through and charge me. :D And it was kind of fun to turn on the phone once we were back in the US and get several texts from some nieces.

    Brenda - I don't remember, but I'm glad I'm not alone!

    Fayelle - Thanks! Don't you guys have some mountains nearby?

    Mom - Thanks! Yeah, I checked the photos on a couple of other monitors and I felt better about it. It's just this borrowed monitor that is dark.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...