Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm even more thankful!

Sorry for bombarding you with posts, but I couldn't wait to show you a photo I took today at the beach. How cute is this little octopus?! The tide was going out and my dad flipped up a rock to look for clams when a couple of these appeared. So then we had to flip over several rocks so I could catch a decent photo (they're quick, and hide well).

There were one or two under almost every rock we flipped over, and one of them squirted ink on my dad's leg! Now he can mark that off his Bucket List. It's hard to explain their size, but I guess if you were to gather one up, legs and all, the whole thing would probably be about the size of a golf ball (thanks, Mom, for that comparison). Super cute, and an awesome find since I've never seen these in the wild before! I love coming across cool animals in the wild, and the best part is getting a decent photo. :)

Have a nice evening!

8 comments:

  1. Nice catch with the camera there. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried that the little guy was in trouble being out of the water so thank you for the educational journey! :)

    Very cool find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you were able to get that great shot. Those little guys are fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all!

    Tina - Yeah, he was only briefly on that patch of sand (like 1 second?) and there is a bit of water on it, but it's hard to tell. They are shallow water dwellers, I guess...at least during that time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool pic! Nice job : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...