Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday



It's pouring out, so my walk with a friend has been cancelled for the second time this week. In good news, this gives me an opportunity to post here.

I've been trying to re-prioritize some areas of my life, and while I find a balance, some things are getting neglected (like this blog). I kept planning to post with many amazing (ha ha) iris garden photos, but I didn't end up taking any. I would explain that, but it would bore both you and me.

Thanks to those of you who have responded to my blog via email. I haven't replied to those yet, but I do appreciate it so much. :)

Now I kind of wish I could ramble on for awhile, but I'll just move on to the nice things of the past week. I wrote some of these down days ago, so I don't remember exactly what I was feeling at the time.


1. Cool-looking skies. Was I talking about the dark gray sky or the soft orangey one? I guess we'll never know for sure, but there are a lot of cool skies here.

2. Having friends who live close by.

3. My crock pot.


4. Photography. I love having a hobby that turns my mood around and gives me new challenges and goals.

5. Free games. There are so many great games online that are completely free to play. With my blocker, I don't even have to deal with the ads. I love free entertainment.

6. New shoes!


7. Cedar waxwings. They're cute.

8. God's mercy. Thankfully, I don't suffer some of the consequences I deserve.

9. All the green in Oregon. The rain gets to me, but it's so lush here compared to where I grew up.

10. Inspiration. You never know when it will hit--sometimes I'll be looking for design inspiration, for instance, and never find it. Other times I'll suddenly feel the urge to tackle a problem or creative project after seeing something I wasn't looking for. I love that.


Bonus pictures: My lily plant and another cool sky.

Have a great weekend if I don't talk to you tomorrow. We're supposed to have nice weather and it's my choir's annual end-of-the-season concert, so it should be a good couple of days.

9 comments:

  1. Aww, lovely list! I love photography too and how it can change my mood and inspire me! I love it when I'm inspired and "on top of the world" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful! I love the first picture of your lake. The gray sky makes it look three-dimensional. Thank you for the uplifting blog. We are having very gloomy weather for this time of year and it's depressing. Your outlook is encouraging. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, wonderful list! :-)

    BTW, while I like all the pictures, that second and last picture I love especially. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list and that IS a beautiful sky in the last picture there. All the pictures are pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen cedar waxwings outside of your pictures. They're cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good things on that list : ) Especially free ad-free games! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list!!! That blue flower is amazing. It's almost like its glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone! For the nice words and for commenting at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...