Saturday, June 25, 2011

Project 52 (3)


I debated using another food-related photo this week, but I can't bring myself to do it. :) I might post it later with a recipe. This is the building next to my office building. I pass it regularly when running errands at other offices. It has lots of pretty little sections, and I've used it a couple of times for portraits I take at work (like this one). I'd like to use it some more.

By the way, Project 52 is technically supposed to have poetry accompanying each photo, but I opted out of that part. (You can thank me in Target gift cards. You don't want to read my poems!) However, there was a time when I was into poetry and wrote several poems. That poetry-writing Jessica seems like another person to me, though. Those crazy 20s! I really don't have the desire to write poetry anymore, though I wouldn't mind writing song lyrics again. (Are they the same or different? They feel different.) Sometimes I go back and read my old stuff, though, and feel really dorky. It's fun.

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful backdrop. I recognized it right away : )

    I hear you on old dorky writing things. I try to burn any of old writings I come across :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old brick buildings! We need one like that around here. I know there are some in downtown redding though.
    Nice shot, it speaks 'serenity' somehow.

    I used to write song lyrics. I went through a phase where I was writing a song a month. Some were silly, some were serious and some I really liked. Others should probably be burned. LOL.

    I used to be more into writing things like that and occasionally I do write a bit here and there.
    But I'm not the same person I used to be either. I express myself differently now. I don't have the urge or desire to write as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan - Thank you! Yeah, I've deleted some things, but I tend to want a record of stuff. Though now I feel less of a need for that, so I might go through it sometime and delete lots of things.

    Samantha - Thanks. Yes, I've seen some of the brick in Redding. I think a mall is in brick? Or a shopping center of some kind that I've visited before.

    Chantel - Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! :) I'm assuming you were linked by Samantha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyrics and poetry ARE different!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...