Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend

Some of you have been responding to my emailed posts and I haven't taken the opportunity to reply to most yet, but I really do appreciate it! Thanks so much, and I will respond eventually. I tend to get behind on my email on a regular basis, but don't stop emailing, because I love it. :)

The weekend was good and had a nice mix of activities and down time. Here's a photo-summary.


Some goslings were hanging out near my place all Saturday morning. Who doesn't love baby animals?


I watched my friend's son for a few hours Saturday morning. He liked playing with the magnets on my fridge.


And he was fascinated with the watering can. Hm...I've never thought to look down the spout.


I baked a German chocolate cake (from a mix) for my friend's birthday. I did two frostings since I wasn't sure who liked coconut.


After a delicious chicken enchilada dinner at a friend's place, some of us had beverages at Applebee's to help celebrate Jennifer's birthday (which is today!).


My [virgin] pina colada and D's Shirley Temple. She looks very proud of her amazing balance-the-cherry-on-the-straw stunt. Do I have talented friends or what?! Jennifer helpfully points out the cherry.


In case you haven't seen enough photos of Jennifer, I thought I'd post one more. :)

Then we came back to my place to watch (or criticize, in my case) Ever After and have cake.

Sunday found me being lazy and headachey after church. I put on sweats and watched some Alias, talked to a friend (and literally laughed for several minutes over the word "wool"--long story), blogged about my mom, looked through pictures and played some games. I also took a couple of nature photos from my back deck:


A Black-throated Gray Warbler. I hadn't seen one before, so I'm happy to add it to my photo archive of bird sightings. I mean, if I had one. I should probably organize that in my spare time.


Then there was this rainbow later on. I don't think I've seen this type of rainbow scene before.

Happy birthday, Jennifer! Thanks for being such a devoted blog reader, photo poser, text messager and DVD loaner, among other things. :) I really appreciate you and your friendship.

7 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love baby animals?

    Yeah, like all those little kittens you love so much! I'm sure you just love this video for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHXASgRTcA

    :p

    That last picture of Jennifer is great!

    Also really like the rainbow over the lake, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like kittens, Dan! In small doses. They are cute. I don't like that video, though...it reminds me of the annoying aspect of cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video is hilarious! Haha! I especially like the kitten who keeps jumping in the dryer drum to get higher. ...and when they finally get their food, they all cram around the same food dish. LOL!

    Oh, wait...I'm supposed to be commenting on Jessica's blog, not Dan's video! :D

    First, the little gosling looks like he is wearing black boots. Too cute. Second, in that last picture of me, I look like I have a zillion teeth. :) And Dan, that's only lemonade, I promise. :) Third, thank you for the birthday wishes, on your blog, no less! I appreciate your friendship as well and will continue to loan you DVD's anytime. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah sure Bittel! Jessica keeps me informed on what's really going on.

    I like the drum kitten too, he's hilar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, fine, you caught me. There was pomegranate flavoring in the lemonade.:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so going to share that video with the kids. That's funny.

    Great post, Jessica. I like the pictures and it sounds like you had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby geese? Yet another awesome animal i don't have around me more often. so cute!

    adorable little boy!

    I love that idea of the squares of frosting! What a great idea! And, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...