Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Am I annoying you with my alliterations yet? :) I don't know how often I'll do this, but I'd like to take note of little goods throughout the week and then post them here. I can definitely stand to be more grateful. Here's my first edition...

1. Coming home after work. Especially when it's rainy and I can't wait to put on sweats and be completely comfortable.

2. Quietness. Lately I get a lot of it at work (sometimes too much, but this isn't a complaint list) and it's something I really appreciate. I tend to be rattled by too much noise around me.

3. Tweets and text messages from friends. It's so fun to hear from someone when the message is specifically for me.

4. Unexpected mail from a niece:

The inside says "You're frog-tastic!!" I love you, L!

5. Good sales on soda (I got some Diet Dr. Pepper from Target for $3/12-pack!).

6. Eating exactly what I craved: linguine with fresh mozzarella. Photo to come.

7. Photography work!
I did a brief portrait session on Monday:


8. Photo text messages from my mom as she and my dad head off to go camping. :)

9. Catching a photo of the wood ducks before they get too far away (they are so scared).


10. The lovely D (not sure if she wants her name used here), who sits next to me in choir. She has been good to me from the start of my time at my church, and she even follows this blog and often emails me with nice words about it. Thanks, D. :)

What are you thankful for this week?

5 comments:

  1. Lovely list of "goods". :)
    I can't wait to see your linguine photo.

    Ah, quietness. I love it.

    Getting personal messages ALWAYS makes my day! Cute card from y our niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alliterations are always awesome!

    I like your list of grateful-fors. Here's a little one from me:

    1. Summertime.
    It's basically here in southeast Texas, and even though it can be pretty hot and humid, there are a lot of things I like about it and many good memories associated with it. So I'm glad it's come.

    2. Air Conditioning.
    See above. :)

    3. Sleep.
    It's good, and I need to go to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, not a big week of thankfulness for me. I am thankful for my health but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the multi-generational shot. That will be a special keepsake.

    1. Coming home after being gone too many days.

    2. Hugs & Kisses you didn't ask for

    3. Being invested in work that you can believe in & really care about

    4. Getting to be thankful... even in improper grammar (#3)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha - Thanks for reading/etc.!

    Rachael - I love summer! I wish I had A/C sometimes. At least it's in my car. :) And yeah, sleep is something I've been enjoying this weekend.

    Dan - :/ Gemcraft?

    Tina - Thanks! And yeah, 4 is a blessing for me as well. :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...