Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ducks, flowers, tree house

The heater is on, as are my sweat pants. Ahhh.. Oregon summer. Nothing like having hot chocolate and staying indoors on a late-June day, you know? And of course I'm not at all bitter. Let me just put another log on the fire so I can show you a little of my weekend.


I had spotted these wood ducklings the day before, but only managed a fuzzy photo as a record. I was so glad they came back and swam around where I could see them. Up until now, I don't think I've ever seen duck babies other than mallards. The weird thing about wood ducks is that they are so skittish (even carefully opening my door created a tiny noise that sent the mom and babies speeding into the water and swimming quickly away--I waited awhile and they came back), but the mom seems to let her babies swim and walk pretty far from her. I don't get it.





The mom has a berry in her mouth.


Notice (because it's cute) the little berry now in the baby's mouth.

After duck watching, I gathered up my things for a quick trip I made to the Seattle area for my friend's graduation (master's in accounting--I'm very proud!). During my stay, we took a walk in Redmond and I took a few photos...


I wouldn't say I love foxgloves, but I can't resist taking pictures if I see them. They make me happy, and they have a ridiculous name.








The funnest sighting was this awesome tree house in someone's yard. I don't know if there's a story behind it, but I'm curious.

Okay, that's all I've got today.

3 comments:

  1. Wood Ducklings are adorabs! And "foxgloves" is a silly name ... though it makes me giggle every time I think about foxes placing their little paws inside each bloom. Tehehehe. That treehouse is ridiculously cool. -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog! Your sense of humor is so cute!

    Love the berry photos!

    And I want that tree house! :o) Find out the story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, like foxes need mittens! Please!

    :) Thanks, Laura.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...