Monday, October 28, 2013

10-27

Lame photo alert! It looks like I took it with a cell phone (which I didn't). Using flash (which I didn't). But the point is not the photo quality--it's the cute origami bats! Dania got me an origami book for my birthday, and this project was perfect for the season. The orange one turned out a bit better. He's more sleek, unlike Fatty the Purple Bat in the front there. 300 more tries and I'll be the best bat-maker in the land!

I actually used to do a lot of origami back in elementary school. I had a teacher (for three years) who was really big on it. But I've kind of lost my knack after all these years. Enter The Joy of Origami by Margaret Van Sicklen.

Okay, I have a calzone in the oven and an episode of Revenge that's not going to watch itself, so I'll talk to you later.

4 comments:

  1. Haha Fatty the Purple Bat!

    This is cool, I want to see more completed origami pics in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...when I first read this I thought you said, "more complicated origami pics" and I was going to be like, "Oh so this isn't tricky enough?" Haha.. completed. Gotcha. Okay, I'll do some more. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm behind in my blog reading, again. I babysat 2 days.

    The bats are really cute! You haven't lost your knack, you just need the brush up! It's like riding a bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mom! And that's okay--you are great at reading consistently, and you haven't missed much. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...