Saturday, April 7, 2012

Project 52 (38)


I almost forgot to post my baby bird photos until my aunt reminded me! I was out taking pictures at work, the other day, and one of my coworkers pointed out this little bird. I tried to get him to pick it up (it was mostly hopping around, not flying long distances yet), but he said growing up on a farm taught him to be careful of picking up birds. :) So this is the closest he got, and this photo is just for a little size comparison.


This is how the bird looked at first. Like if he hides his head, he will appear invisible.


But if you annoy a baby bird long enough, eventually it will reveal its head again. :)


Poor guy.. he was so scared. I'm not going to hurt you, little bird!



I think 50% of my Project 52 photos include birds. :P Well, they are a part of everyday life.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute little baby! Poor thing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Poor little guy! I hope he's flying around soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he is ok! Maybe just learning to fly and got tired. What vibrant colors. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool bird! I wonder what kind it is!

    My mom always told me not to touch baby birds because if the mother smells the scent of humans on them, she'd abandon them. I wonder if that only applies to while they're still in the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fayelle - it's a yellow-rumped warbler, I think it's called. :)

    That's true--I've heard that of a lot of animals. But something told me this bird was weaned.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...