Friday, April 20, 2012

Flowers (Deepwood Estate)


Okay, last installment of DE photos (until next time I go, of course). My flower photos are a bit on the predictable side. Shallow depth of field, lots of singled-out flowers, etc. Especially in this batch, as I was trying to get some petal detail. Next time I'll try to be a bit more creative. (I say this half-heartedly.)







During most of my stroll around the gardens, I was thinking of my sister R, who loves tulips. Who doesn't? Armload of purple tulips, please!

(I don't even have purple tulip photos in this post, I just always
thought it would be beauty to have a big bouquet of them.)






Yes, these last two are very similar. I posted them both anyway!


Hi, Mom! You know all my orange flower photos are for you.


And sure, the peach too.


This is probably a weed. :P




This picture is so cliché! But I loved the color on this tulip.

Thank you for looking! Have a great weekend, everyone. :)


PS Happy birthday to my childhood friend Jennifer, who may see this blog sometimes. And also to my friend Lori!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the tulipy photos! Delightful.

    (And all the photos are beautiful -- no matter how much you try to talk us out of believing it with your "cliche" and "predictable," etc.)

    :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of the DE flower photos! Tulips say "spring" to me. BTW, you should do another one of your desktop wallpaper photo posts, you haven't done that in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, R!

    Dania - you're right, I've actually been thinking about that recently. I do need to provide more wallpapers.. I need them for myself, even. :P And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers and photography!

    Thanks for the birthday greeting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, R knows the score; I agree with her parenthetical comment : )

    I'm also going to have to horn in on her tulips; love those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulips make me happy. Such a humble flower. Simple and grand in one swoop. Who knew!?

    The pink one that is starting to open... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the photo of orange-yellow tulips. I knew it was for me.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ALL your predictable pictures!

    That second tulip photo is fantastic!

    -fayelle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...