Friday, November 12, 2010

Frog Furniture

Some coworkers let me know that there were various mushrooms growing at work, and I finally remembered to hunt them down for photos today when I had my own camera (which works better than my work camera for something like this). It was cold, but sunny, and perfect timing for a little detour on the way back to my office (from another photo shoot). Sometimes when I take pictures, I just feel okay about it. Other times I am fulfilled, excited and appreciative of God's many creations, and this was one of those times.




That one is more like a toad papasan chair.


But the one next to it was very flat, so it could be either a stool or a nice table.


This is my favorite photo of this post, I think.








I was surprised to see so many different kinds of mushrooms!


I call this one a vanilla mushroom. Taste it--you'll see!






Of course I didn't stop with the mushrooms. There were some other cool things--I thought this looked very Japanese gardenish.






Ferny!


What? More ferns, you say?






The leaves are exiting the trees pretty quickly. It's a little sad to see that the peak of color has passed already.


The colors in this make me think of plaid PJ pants or Christmas wrap for guys. I like them. I mean, I like all of them--the colors, PJ pants, Christmas wrap and guys. ;)




I couldn't decide which of these rock puddle photos to choose, so I posted both.


Fallllllicious.

Hey, so I am creating a mailing list to email whenever I update my blog. Let me know if you'd like to be on it and I'll add you. Just give me your email if I don't already have it. Thanks!

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, GREAT pictures! I mean really, truly outstanding. My favorite is #11 (I think I counted right, the one right above the Japanese gardenish one), but there are a lot of really good ones there. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! That's very nice of you! :)

    Yeah, that one could probably be black and white, even. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THESE. I don't know if I can pick a favorite! Mushrooms are so cute sometimes. So varied, too. Of course, I love any autumn pictures, so you had me at Fallllllicious. Well, truth be told, you actually had me at toad papasan chair; falllllllicious was just a get-me bonus. :) -R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, R! Yes, you are alls abouts the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what a neat collection of pictures from the day! You took some really, really great ones!! Perfect colors and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that there's such a variety of mushrooms! Very nice photos!! Makes me want to go on a nature hike in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mushrooms are SO COOL! And yes, this is like a Pottery Barn catalog for frogs and toads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brenda: Thanks! And yes, I am thinking of opening a furniture business for wild animals. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never appreciated mushrooms so much more than seeing these mushroom pictures today. WOW.

    and that rock puddle?? gorgeous! well, ALL of them are gorgeous, but still.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...