Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winter so far

It's been a little while since I posted. It's not that I don't have some material lined up, I just haven't felt very up to it, for whatever reason. Maybe it's just January demotivating me. Anyway, I think now would be a good time for a little catching up. Here's what's going on with me.


One of my resolutions for the new year was to bake bread with yeast, because I never had. Check!




It finally snowed, but it didn't stay long. It wasn't quite as wonderland-pretty as it has been in the past, so the few photos I have aren't all that enchanting.


Meanwhile, I made some delicious potatoes au gratin where I cut some of the potatoes into stars with a cookie cutter. Food cuteness!


Then the temps warmed up like 20 degrees one day, and it was pouring rain and melting snow, which meant flooding all over Salem.


That lake out there is not normally there.


Nor is this one. Lots of creeks and rivers overflowed into surrounding areas. It didn't affect me except an alternate route to and from work, but some people's homes were flooded in Salem and especially Turner (nearby).



Between the weather news, I've been prepping for some upcoming travels. I can't remember if I already mentioned that I'm photographing a friend's wedding next month. She's in Colorado Springs, so after that I'll take a short flight to Albuquerque to visit my sisters and their families for a few days. I finally got all my plane tickets worked out and I'm starting to get pretty excited. I was just texting my niece L about it. Yay!

I'm also nervous, because I want to do a good job with the wedding photography. (As usual, I think my hopes and expectations on myself are beyond where they should be.) I only have two weddings under my belt, so I'm going to make plenty of mistakes and probably miss some important shots. However, I have been saying that I would be open to doing a wedding here and there for the right person, and Holly is definitely the right person. I'm very honored that she and her fiance want me to take their pictures! I'm praying for decent weather and that everything goes smoothly.

Okay, that's enough. If you read this far, thank you. :) I really appreciate all my blog followers!

8 comments:

  1. I've seen most of those pics already but I don't mind looking at them again : )

    Our flooding around here is starting up too, but I probably won't have any nifty pics like you have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have complete confidence in your wedding shot ability! It'll be great!

    The bread looks SO yummy!

    The flooding is pretty but I feel bad for the people with flooded homes... I can't imagine having to deal with that in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I did read that far and was surprised there wasn't more - I was really into it! :)

    You'll do great with the wedding photos! And I'm excited you're adding a visit with us here in ABQ as an extension on your trip. :) :) :)

    Nice work on the bread.

    Flooding is always scary and yet fun if your home isn't involved. I like sudden appearances of lakes (when they're not in my yard or basement or whatever). Maybe I'm weird for thinking that ... but ... that's the way I roll. Or something. Ha. But oh yes, sorry for people who were affected negatively. :(

    Great pics as youshz (that's slang for as usual, but I couldn't think how else to spell it, so it ended up longer than the word 'usual' - oh well, now you'll know for next time I say that so I won't have to include a big ol' explanaysh, too).

    You love me anyway. Admit it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible water pictures!

    Also, now I would really like some starry potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bread looks great and I LOVE the star potatoes. I need to remember that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto Brenda on the bread and potatoes. I never would have thought of cookie-cuttering the potatoes. The flood pictures do seem exciting! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those potatoes looks so good. The stars are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, all!

    R - Thanks, and I'm glad--I'm excited too! I need more nephiece photos, you know. :) And yeah, I always wonder how to spell the shortcut way to say "usual" and "casual." Why does the world have to be so complicated?! :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...