Monday, January 30, 2012

Dreamy Chicken Salad



Sometimes I crave chicken salad like mad, and it's amazing how a few basic ingredients come together to satisfy my craving in the most undisappointing way! Naturally, I tend to add or subtract ingredients depending on what I have on hand, but the other day I wrote down what I put into a particularly awesome batch of chicken salad. Pretty much all of these ingredients are optional (except maybe the chicken :)), and there's a lot of flexibility on how much you use of each ingredient.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup cooked chopped or shredded chicken breast (I often cook it in the crock pot with a bit of seasoning)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 T Dijon mustard
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 T chopped almonds
1 T capers
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

Mix everything together and serve on lettuce, bread, crackers, or whatever the heck you want. This recipe will serve 2-3. Man.. just writing up this post is making me crave it so much! Maybe I'll have to fix some soon. It's SO GOOD.

5 comments:

  1. The capers are a good idea! I also like chicken salad with red grapes, but this is sort of a salty take instead of sweet. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken salad looks delish. I rarely have chicken salad! Now I'm wondering why? (or why not?)
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Except for the celery of course ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, that's funny because you are the one who sort of got the idea in my head. Years ago you made me a delicious chicken sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dijon mustard!!! Genius!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...