Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Portraits: Katt

The other day I had a faaaaaabulous time photographing Katt over at Bush Park. The weather was perfect and Katt was a wonderful model. She made it so easy to take pictures with barely any posing instruction required. Plus, she's a beauty, isn't she?

I had a very hard time narrowing these down, but I tried not to obsess too much about my choices. This is a pretty good sample of the evening. Read between the photos for more info on Katt!

What's your favorite drink to order at Starbucks? I love coffee in general, but when I'm at Starbucks, I like to get a caramel Macchiato with extra caramel and an extra shot or two. :) But I do love going to small local coffee shops as well. Broadway Commons is one of my favorites! They have an awesome hazelnut black and white mocha...yum!


Describe your personality.
I like to call myself an "omnivert." (I read about it in an article once, and I’m not sure if it's really a thing or not, but I totally related to it!) From what I gathered, an omnivert is someone who is a mix between an introvert and an extrovert. So while I love to be out and about with friends being social, I can flip to the other side of the spectrum where I can also be happy just being at home with my two cats and watching Netflix. :)

I think that could describe a few of my friends. There definitely needs to be a name for the middle grounders.

What did you study in college? I was a General Psych major.

Katt was really excited to have portraits done with wisteria because it's one of her favorite flowers. We got there just in time before the flowers all died off, and it was sooooo beautiful on that porch!

(I'm trying to tile two verticals next to each other here, and it shows up correctly on my browser but I'm wondering how it looks for you? Let me know! I'd love it if it worked now--in the past it's been all weird in the final published entry.)

This photo looks like I used flash, but it's just the lighting in this particular spot.

What's your favorite color? Oh gosh, I go through phases of colors that I like... In high school I was all about neon colors and funky patterns. Now that I'm a little bit older, I find myself gravitating towards earth-toned neutrals and pastels. For instance a few of my favorite colors right now are: maroon, olive, navy blue, gold, and blush pink (the last three are also my wedding colors! :))

That's right--sorry guys, she's engaged! Katt is getting married this September. She's been busily managing to keep up with wedding plans and a demanding job (I know, because we're coworkers and her department has a lot on their plate!). And doing a portrait session with me!

I'm loving the roses at Bush Park right now. I have lots of rose photos to show you sometime.

Intermission!

There's that ring!

What are your favorite things to do in your spare time? I recently got a bike for my birthday from my fiancé’s family, so I’ll be doing a lot of riding during my summer. I love spending time crafting with my best friend Becca, I have favorite shows that I like to watch, I love spending time with my fiancé and his family, and I love love love going to the beach (it's one of my most favorite places to be!).

I also know she's very artistic! I have proof because I took a watercolor workshop with her.


She was at her car for an outfit change and I bugged her for a photo. She looked cute, I couldn't help it. PS Thanks to Katt's friend who loaned her the hats! They were so fun to work with--they look awesome on Katt.

Oh man, the lighting here was SO awesome, I just wanted to take a thousand pictures in this one spot.

Don't look at my cropping on this....I know you're not supposed to chop the hands there, but I just really like this photo anyway.

Where is a place you'd like to travel to soon? Hmmm, well I'd love to go to Europe, and my fiancé and I are trying to plan a trip sometime in the near future... But for now, I’m looking forward to going to Seattle for our honeymoon. :)

Thank you so much for looking, and thanks again Katt for a super fun evening! We should do this again sometime!

10 comments:

  1. So many good ones!! I'm glad the weather and the light were working in your favor for the shoot! Katt is gorgeous!

    I'm not sure what you meant about the tiling of the two vertical photos in a row. On my phone they just appear as one photo and then another as I scroll down. They are all centered when I view them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait! I just pulled the blog up on my work computer and I think I understand what you mean. It displays the two vertical photos side by side. I wouldn't have known!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I like all of them a lot, but my four (4) favourites are: 2nd one with the hat; 7th one with the white flower crown; 16th and 19th with the wrought iron chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing out your favs! It's helpful!

      Delete
  4. I was listening to "Put a Ring on it" by Beyonce when you talked about her being engaged :p

    Great session! When I saw the second photo (which I'd seen before) I thought "Well, that's going to be the best one, and for once my favorite wont' be one of the black and whites!" But no, I was wrong on both counts as usual. That third pic from the bottom...wow. Looks like a Calvin Klein ad (that's meant as a compliment!) The last photo is great too.

    And the two verts next to each other look fine on my browser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...you have your own weirdness moments, I guess!

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
    2. Took me a sec to figure out what you meant by weirdness : ) I was like, "What does that mean...? : / Oh right!"

      : )

      Delete
  5. Your portrait shoots just keep getting better with time. This is phenomenal. And I'm wondering now if I'm kind of an omnivert. Not to be a copycat. I know I always test near the middle, slightly more on the introverted side. I can turn on the social in short bursts if I must. As long as I don't have to do it for hours and hours. That's exhausting. But I digress. Beautiful model. Beautiful backdrops and poses. Beautiful photos. Gorgeous in every way. P.S. Congratulations on her engagement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like to think/hope I'm improving with each session (as I make a million mistakes!), so I'm glad you agree.

      I think the way to determine that part of your personality is to look at what restores your energy more--is it being around people in a social sense, or being "alone" (or at home, at least)? Even if you enjoy both, one is usually more draining than the other. But I definitely think a lot of people are very middle-of-the-road and it's hard to tell.

      She just got married! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...