Sunday, March 8, 2015

Portraits: Travis and Katrina

My friend Katrina (who you've seen in my blog over the years--like here) just got engaged! When she asked me to take their engagement photos, I was very happy to oblige. We had a nice time out at Bush Park and Deepwood Estate. Here are a few of my favorite photos with a bit of info about the happy couple.

Travis and Katrina were connected by a friend who apparently has a knack for matchmaking! She urged Katrina to give Travis a chance and pass on her contact info. When Travis called Katrina for a first date, they hadn't even exchanged pictures.

They decided to meet at Lum Yuen for lunch. Katrina had low expectations for first dates and planned to just endure it. "I anticipated it being a dud of a date, like every other time I'd gone out with someone. I was pretty much blown out of the water, and very much wanted to go out again!"

I could tell when Katrina first told me about Travis that something was different about this guy. She was basically glowing when she told me about their first date and how she admired his willingness to talk about his faith right away. She was also pleasantly surprised at how attractive she found him!

I knew it wouldn't be long before she was engaged. :)

Travis popped the question in February while they were visiting with Katrina's parents.


The wedding is in May. Hopefully we'll continue to have the awesome weather the PNW has been enjoying this year. May is one of the prettiest, greenest times here.

I like this photo so much that I'm showing you two versions. :) Doesn't it have kind of a travelly vibe to it?


Congratulations, you guys! We're all so happy for you. :)

9 comments:

  1. These are great! They look so happy! That last photo makes me think that they are featured in some magazine article about their great house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They seem happy in person, too!

      Haha.. yes, Travis bought Katrina that house as an engagement gift. :D That's what my future house will look like, too! Funny coincidence.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I was going to say that as well, they look super happy, especially Katrina!

      Delete
  2. Such sweet pictures!! And I loved reading their story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh good, I like it when it's worth the time to add a bit of personal detail. :)

      Delete
  3. They make a very cute couple! I love the photos you took of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have told Katrina beforehand that those Godeaux boys are a superb catch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kari, thank you so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...