Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Marchy March


I've been taking so many pictures. In my neighborhood, at the park, at work...I don't want to miss anything. Even though I've taken pictures of the same flowers for years, I keep thinking I can do a better job this time. In many cases, I do think I improve each year, but I also just have a weird addiction to photographing pretty things over and over. I have to make sure I get the shot! ;)

Right now my March folder has 384 photos, but that's after I have gone through and narrowed them down a ton (I usually keep fewer than half of what I take, and I really need to be even more ruthless about it). For being early March, that's a lot. Wait until things really get going in a few weeks!

Anyway, I thought I'd pick a few favs to post here, since I'll never actually catch up. These were chosen without much thought--just whatever struck my fancy tonight.

I'm hooked on blossom photos lately, so you'll see a lot of those. If you follow me on Instagram, you already know this!

I just love how smooth these look at this stage.

There were lots of cute little spirals at a park I went to the other day. I didn't get any good photos, but had to show you the cuteness.

This squirrel let me get pretty close before it ran off. It just sat there eating whatever that is, knowing I was about 8 feet away taking pictures. Those are tulips behind him, which I didn't get good photos of. Later, I will! I didn't even know tulips were blooming yet!

Enjoy your weekend, if I don't talk to you! My friend and I discovered there are three "holidays" this weekend: Friday the 13th, Pi Day and the Ides of March (which is also my cousin's birthday)! My friend Dania suggested celebrating with a Jason movie, a piece of pie and a Caesar salad. :D Feel free to enjoy one or more of those. I will take a giant piece of apple pie a la mode, please!

4 comments:

  1. I like this squirrel one even more than the one in IG!

    I love this time of year, getting to see so much stuff in bloom. The orchards are full of flowery goodness now! Seeing all of your photos makes me want to take pictures of all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, you should take pictures! :)

      Delete
  2. Anyway, I thought I'd pick a few favs to post here, since I'll never actually catch up. These were chosen without much thought--just whatever struck my fancy tonight.

    Good! I like that you just posted some without fretting too much over it : ) We like to see whatever you want to show us!

    That's the most detailed, focused picture of a squirrel I've ever seen I think 0_o Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dan! And yeah--the macro lens is great at picking up detail, and it helped that Squirrely was letting me get really close!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...