Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Z is 13


I do these special posts when my nephieces turn 13. It's a big year, and it's a way to make it extra special and introduce you to my now-teenaged nephew, Z. Many of these photos were taken by my sister.

Z came to live with my sister when he was about 15 months old, so I didn't get to see him as a tiny baby, though I'm sure he was extremely adorable. He's always been adorable (and handsome!)...

...though he can be a handful!

But he has so much charm and silliness, mixed with a lot of affection and love for animals (real or stuffed). And he gives awesome hugs.

He is a natural when it comes to riding bikes and skateboards, and many other athletic activities. If he holds his tongue just right, that is...



He asks good questions. He can be a very good helper. He loves fruit. He's at his best when he has one-on-one time with the people he loves.


And he's been entertaining us since we met him.

Here are a few Z quotes:

"Mama, there's a little bit of moth guts on your wheel ... that's what happens sometimes ... you know Daddy ran over a caterpillar at our school the other day and it was only trying to cross .. (shrug)." --Z, age 4

He thought long and hard about his wish and then just before blowing out the candle he said out loud, "I wish I could be SELFISH!" After he blew it out, he said, "I mean ... NOT selfish." Darn ... does it still count?? --My sister sharing what he said on his 7th birthday.

"Mom, but I'm so full! I'm F ...A ...L ...M, full!!" --Z, age 6

"You know how I think about my stuffed animals like they are real with feelings? Well I guess I think about our house that way too sometimes and it makes me sad to think about how our house and our yard feels that we are leaving it and how all the kids and parents who love our house are just never coming back. And maybe the house is crying quietly about it all because it knows that it is going to be very quiet and empty now without our family." --Z, age 6 :(

"I'm not WILLY (really) your husband, J. Don't keep calling me 'Honey.'" --Z, age 6, to his sister J when she wanted to pretend they were married.

"Check email and keep her kids safe." --Z, age 7, answering the question of what his mom does for a job.

This was Z presenting me with a soda because I always refer to that shirt as his vacation bartender shirt. :D

Happy birthday, Z! We love you!


[I'm pretty sure these posts get longer with each nephiece--it's not favoritism, I just get more into it, I guess!]

14 comments:

  1. Thank you, it's great! -Z, 13 (and he walked away chuckling, "That's cool!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. From me: His quotes still make me burst into laughing tears! Thank you for keeping track of them. One minor correction: he was 15 months when we got him. :-) Thanks for this post. I always think you and Z have a special bond being middles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh whoops--I'll fix it. I wasn't sure but just needed to get it posted, so I didn't ask.

      Yeah, there are a lot of other quotes and stories but some require more setup and I didn't want the post to be a million miles long. :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, but I like to think he's still little. :)

      Delete
  4. Aww, I so relate to his thoughts about the house being sad. For my whole childhood I fully believed inanimate objects had feelings. Even today I occasionally have to remind myself that they don't. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post, happy birthday Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great pictures, and I loved the quotes at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that house quotr was one of the cutest and saddest ever!

    I absolutely LOVE him with his stuffed animals reading. ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish I could've walked in on that adorable scene myself! My sister took that.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...