Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Christmas Party


The day after Christmas, my parents hosted a party for friends and relatives. It was a combination gathering for Christmas, my dad's retirement, an introduction for my sister's new husband, and an open house to visit with people we don't get to see very often. (Especially since my sisters and I have moved to other states.) It was a nice time, and I'm happy so many people stopped by during a busy time of year! I got to see some relatives and friends I haven't seen in forevs. Thanks to my mom and dad for being great hosts, as always. We grew up having lots of gatherings and dinners with friends and family. Lots of happy times that contributed to my own hostessing habits.

These photos will mostly be of interest to those in attendance, but hopefully they are somewhat enjoyable even if these are strangers to you. I didn't manage to get permission from everyone pictured, so if you see your photo and you don't want it here in public, please let me know and I can take it down.



The girls took advantage of the opportunity to wear their Christmas dresses again. I managed to get a few group shots of the nieces (those will be in another post) before the guests started arriving. Obviously the weather wasn't too cold this day.

My sister and niece chatting with relatives. In the background you can see my parents' dog Rocky was loving the attention from our guests (that's my cousin with him).

My sister and her husband--they were just married in May, so it was his first time visiting the area and meeting several relatives and friends.

N looooves her Anna doll.

A portrait of my niece K before the party.

One of my cousin's sons.

These kids are adorable and very well-behaved. They are the children of a guy I used to babysit! (Yep, I'm old.) My dad had trays of Subway sandwiches brought in, plus he made some chili and we had about a gillion desserts.

N possibly showing off a little, but also being a very good hostess. (My cousin's daughter is next to her.) She sweetly showed the other kids how to make rubberband bracelets to help keep them entertained.

So sweet.

The little boys did more boyish things, like tossing a ball down the hallway.

And enjoying Capri Suns.

My dad commented that this room got more use that day than all year. The living room stays empty much of the time, since the TV is in the family room. But I love this room the most, and have since the day we first looked at this house before my parents bought it! I remember envisioning happy times in here, and we've had a lot of them.

Some of us were taking turns holding little cousin B when he'd let us. :) He seemed to like the access he got when being up high enough. I so rarely get to hold such young children, but he's growing up so much already.

BFFs M and N.

They used to play together as toddlers when my sister did daycare for M. Now they don't get to see each other that often, but they immediately pick up where they left off.

I love this photo of K, and I'm jealous of her hair.

Dania's turn holding B! I love that Dania has been in my life so long that she knows most all of my relatives and can just hang out with us like part of the family.

These girls were being ADORABLE. This is my niece, E, with her new friend V.

I can't help but post this one. So innocent and unembarrassed. And E might punch me when she gets older if she sees this, so I'll probably have to take this down. :)

I couldn't stop taking pictures of these girls being adorable.

My pregnant sister and her friend A (right). (And my niece L!) Last time they saw each other it was A who was pregnant with the boy she's now holding.

Awesome family friend C (everyone loves her!!) holding a lovely drink.

My cousin and sister. They look a lot alike, although it's not as obvious in this photo (at least I don't think so). But we had to get a picture of them together.

I wasn't the only one taking advantage of the photo ops these girls were providing.

My dad with some of the guests in the kitchen.

Poor A with his arm in a sling. I snuck this photo of he and S chatting it up. Both are long-time family friends.

Dania's dad R loves little girls, and they tend to love him too!

N sees me!

This was when the Frozen portion of the evening began. Let It Go played on A's phone and the girls danced and sang to it over and over. I have adorable videos!


The party's over. Goodnight!

10 comments:

  1. So many great photos from that night! It was a fun way to get together and celebrate the season. I'll have to show my dad these photos, I love the one with E, so cute!

    P.S. I love that I've known your family for so long! I don't have a ton of my own family in the area so it sometimes feels like your family is an extension to mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I was almost going to use that one for the IG photo, but settled on something more general.

      PS Yay! We pretty much are family. :)

      Delete
  2. These are great! All the kids are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! I like all the descriptions you added and seeing pics of all the folks there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great pictures!! And you've inspired me to get out my camera and try to get some good pictures of the girls doing more ordinary things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I often wish I were around kids more often and could practice the documentary/lifestyle photos on them. They do such cute things. :)

      Delete
  5. As I look at this post again, I realize how blessed I am to have all the wonderful family and friends, Thank you so much for taking such beautiful and happy photos. These will hold many memories for me.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...