Sunday, June 9, 2013

Droplets


Okay, I couldn't wait to show you these after working on them pretty much all weekend. I was going to break these up into a couple of posts, but with the rate I'm taking pictures lately, I need to include more per post. Plus I'm too impatient to wait!

Some of these are kind of similar or are crops of previously-shown images, so don't get bored.

When I first started, I tried it with this netting that I had, and it's cool even if not very natural.

I was loving these spirals at the ends of vines. They were great for fun droplet patterns and a nice design in the stem itself.

I don't know what sort of flower this is, but it grows on a bush. It was very fragile, so I couldn't use it as much as I wanted to.

A gerbera daisy.

Some more like the image I showed you yesterday. I had bought a bunch of dyed daisies so I could have some color options.

Some of these look like eyeballs. The grass these droplets are on looks unnatural but it's just a different shade.

Who wants an eyeball necklace?

Some of these are more about the colors than the droplets.

I fixed the loop for this one, but the droplets aren't as fun.

It's hard to tell, but this is a sunflower, so the background is the middle of it.

Eyeballs!

I put the vase of my rainbowy flowers in the background and I liked the watercolory look.

Private eyeballs are watching you. They see your every move.

Fried egg.

These ones look like little pumpkins.

The vine on these makes the droplets look like little marbles.

That's it for now! I am sure I'll try this again, but it's so addictive that I think I need to clean up the dining room and force myself not to try anymore for now. I have things to do!

8 comments:

  1. Jessica, these are amazing! I love the little reflections... wow. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The unknown fragile flower is a rock rose. :-) My parents used to have quite a few of those bushes when I was growing up.

    Absolutely stunning pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are beautiful!!! The curls and droplets look like amazing and unique jewelry.

    You always crack me up, though. "Private eyeballs are watching you; they see your every move."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just. Wow.

    You are making incredibly good use of your new toy. Those are some of my favorite droplet photos. Ever.

    I want a whole set of (some of) these printed in matching frames to decorate my house. The bold colors are beautiful and I could see falling in love with these pictures more and more every time I look at them.

    Private eyeballs and all.

    P.S. My birthday is coming in a few months! Just in case you are in need of ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fayelle - Thank you!

    Creativewending - Thanks for the flower info! I did wonder if it was a kind of wild rose. They're pretty but the petals fall off so quickly. Thanks for the nice words!

    Mom - Thank you! I was thinking they looked like jewelry, too, or ornaments (like little chandeliers).

    R - Thanks! I would love to give out more photo gifts, but the problem is how pricy it can be. And that's just for the print, nevermind if the person needs a frame (too often a print gift ends up stored in the filing cabinet forever :P). To get anything larger than 8x10 starts costing a lot, especially if there are any special mounts/matting. Otherwise I'd have more photos up in my place, too. Hey, don't I still owe you a gift certificate for a frame that I broke like a million years ago? Anywho, I want to practice some more (I already saw millions more ideas online that I want to try), but maybe when I visit we can discuss if there are some you'd like printed and the sizes. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AMAZING!!!! I want to try this someday. I need to catch up with your blog and see what you've been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very cool! Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...