Wednesday, March 13, 2013

40DOT: Days 22-24

Oh hey, I know you've had daffodils in California for like three months, but it's Oregon's turn now!

I wish this was my office. It was SO NICE outside today.

I take thee spring to be my lawfully wedded husband.


Thankfuls! (Do you like my lack of real introduction to this post? I'm no good at intros.)

Day 22 (March 9): Saturday was a nice and sunny day, and I managed to be productive before my evening plans. I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom and went shopping. I spent the evening with 9 (give or take) of my friends, eating pizza and playing Dixit to celebrate my friend's birthday. Have you played? It's pretty fun! Anyway, it was a nice night and I was grateful for cool friends, and people who want to hang out with me despite my many flaws. :)


Sunday (March 10): I thought it was cool that my dad responded to my blog (in email). Hi, Dad! Then we discussed me visiting them, and it turned out I had enough points to get a free ticket to Sacramento next month. I really didn't think I'd be able to use my points for a long time, so it was a very pleasant surprise!

Day 23 (March 11): A Monday, but it had its little pleasures. I finally sent out an invitation to some friends (this is an accomplishment for me, as I tend to second-guess the dates/times/details for gatherings that I host) and I'm looking forward to my spring party. In the evening, I made Chinese chicken salad for a potluck the next day, and it turned out pretty well (I hadn't made it in years). I used this recipe, except I added chicken and didn't use as many sesame seeds. And I have no idea if the cabbage I used was Napa. (?)

Day 24/March 12 (Tuesday): I managed to wake up early to get in a bit of exercise before work, but I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sleepy after that, so that kind of canceled it out a bit. But then I came home to a box of stuff from Ulta that I had ordered with a gift certificate--super fun! Plus I won an eBay auction on some shoes when I thought I was outbid. I think I got a pretty good deal, too! (How often do I mention purchases as being my happy thing of the day?) Later, I talked with my friend Holly, who I hadn't talked to in months.

So are the days of my life!


Talk to you soon!

6 comments:

  1. I have to ask... is that hammock picture at your work? Or in someone's yard? It is a lovely setting for sure!

    I continue to enjoy your Lent posts. They help me to continue focusing on being thankful in my own life. Great pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R - Haha.. that's at work. I didn't go wandering in yards for that photo. :)

    Thanks! But aren't your posts the ones helping you to focus on being thankful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that would make a great hammock office!

    As usual your food pic looks great. And it sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dixit sounds like a fun game! I want to play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I'm in the majority. The hammock photo is delightful. It reminds me of relaxing:) I, too, think your salad looks delicious!

    Look at you, having another party. You are so the "party girl"!!!

    Dad and I are looking forward to your visit next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I planted some white daffodil bulbs not too long ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they bloom by Easter. I keep checking and they just look like little green points coming out of the ground.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...