Saturday, February 16, 2013

40DOT: Days 2 and 3


Day 2 of Lent was Valentine's Day, of course, and it was a nice day (like I shared in my last post). I got treats and notes from a few people, and one of my favorite things was a gift certificate that allowed me to buy a custom made dress! My friend Rebecca received a promotion that she was supposed to pass along to someone else, and she picked me! So between that and being a first-time customer, I got a BIG discount. I'm excited for my dress to arrive. I'll wear it for Easter (it'll probably have to be with a sweater and tights/nylons, though).

And here it is, though the sleeves are going to be different (part of the customization). Also, my head is a lot bigger than that.

That was a very girly section. Sorry, guys.

Day 3 was a Friday, which makes it good by default. Unfortunately, I wasn't having the best day. There was no particular reason, I was just tired and in a lame mood. But the sun was out, just like the day before, and that always cheers me. Then I went to the library on my lunch break to get some more audiobooks. I was so glad two of my holds were in, because the three I had checked out off the shelves were duds.

It's always nice to get back to a book after a couple of days of listening to the radio. I don't mind music, but I have come to really really really prefer driving with audiobooks. It makes every errand and trip to/from work soooo much better. Yay audiobooks! And three cheers for my library system, which has a lot of great stuff that can be passed to the closest library. And four cheers for the fact that more and more books are being recorded. When I was younger, the selection was nothing like it is now.

It was also pay day, and not just a Friday, but a Friday before a holiday weekend! Those things brightened an otherwise gloomy day.

In other news, I have come to realize certain social media sites (Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram) were making me more annoyed than happy, so I'm taking a break from them. If you don't hear from me there, that's why.

Have a nice day!

4 comments:

  1. Your head is slightly larger than the model in that dress. She's something alright. Hmm. But I like the dress.

    I won't miss you on Twitter or Pinterest because I don't do those. But I will miss you on Instagram. I only have four followers there. But I understand the need to take a break now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that dress! Hope you get lots of opps to wear it. :)

    Like sometime when in the neighborhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. R - Thanks for understanding! If you want, you can just "like" some of your photos and pretend it was me. :P That feels like the extent of Instagram at times.

    Tina - Thanks! Well, it'll look way less cute on me, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcake looks soo delicious. Good enough to eat!

    The dress is pretty. Will it be in the same material? I'm sure it will look lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...