Saturday, March 10, 2012

Project 52 (35)


My coworker recently started a recipe blog, and yesterday she brought in these Peanut Butter & Apple Bars and let me photograph them for her post! She also let me try them. :) Click on the image to see the recipe.

It's dreary out, but somehow I need to find motivation so I can be productive today instead of just sitting around refreshing my email and playing Words With Friends. I might try listening to an audiobook while I clean up. Do any of you do that? I have generally found that audiobooks are only for when I'm driving, but I'm not sure I've actually tried to listen while folding laundry or doing the dishes. I often put on music, but lately I'm really picky about it, and I spend more time clicking "next" on my iPod than actually listening to anything.

Happy Saturday, and remember to turn your clocks forward tonight! It's exciting how we get to lose an hour of sleep, don't you think?

5 comments:

  1. Oooo! Those bars look yummy! Makes me want to bake, but then I would have to buy apples and avoid eating the product! I am not excited about the prospect of getting up an hour earlier in the morning :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look scrump. I wish you lived closer so you could take food pics for C. I'm too tired to learn how to do it well. He's making bagels from scratch this weekend.

    I haven't listened to an audiobook in soooo long. I want to find more family friendly ones so we can do that in the car while driving around or on road trips. Fun! I don't think I could focus enough while cleaning though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audiobooks & TV are ok for working, as long as I'm not doing something loud or complex or trying to get things done quickly. I find I end up taking longer at whatever, because I'm being quiet enough to hear the story, and my brain is not thinking ahead to my next move. I did have a very good experience with an audiobook and painting the eaves of my parent's house (not a loud activity, and very repetitive).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's dreary out, but somehow I need to find motivation so I can be productive today instead of just sitting around refreshing my email and playing Words With Friends.

    That's how I feel today...

    Those bars look yummy though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom - yeah, the downfall to baking is avoiding the final product!

    R - Thanks! That would be fun to take photos of his food creations. And homemade bagels is something I've been wanting to try, but they're a bit of a process and I think it might be better with a friend.

    Jonathan - Hey, long time no comment. :) I was just wondering about you the other day, hoping things are going well for you. I agree that certain tasks just take longer when you have a distraction, but if it's something repetitive/brainless and quiet, it's a good combo. It worked well for folding the laundry.

    Dan - Yeah, I managed to do what I wanted to do (for the most part), amazingly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...