Tuesday, March 6, 2012

NM Trip


Here's a smattering of NM trip photos. I took several others, but not many were very blog-worthy.


Nieces! Yes, I have beautiful nieces.




N made "chocolate pie" for my pretend birthday. Here she's blowing out a candle.


My mom patched up these pants for her and they're adorable!


Some of us headed down to Bosque del Apache one evening to see the cranes. Unfortunately, we were a bit late and there were no cranes this trip (my sister has photographed them on previous trips--R, if you had a post about them, I'd link to it!), but I still enjoyed the scenery.







Some cormorants gathered on a branch. With the reflection, it looked like a nice sculpture.


I still had the lens I rented for the wedding--a Canon 17-55/2.8 from LensGiant (I had a good experience with them)--and was able to test it out for landscapes. I think I was more impressed in this setting than at the wedding. Check out how sharp it is on the edges where it normally blurs a bit on cheaper lenses. (Still, I wasn't super crazy about the lens overall, but it served its purpose.)





After the refuge, we ate at Buckhorn to try out their famous Green Chile Cheeseburger. Here's C waiting for his dinner. The burger was good, but I wouldn't say it was incredible or worthy of winning a Throwdown, necessarily (not that I've ever seen that show). But I'm glad we went!


Before dropping me off at the airport the next day, I had the nephieces gather up for a photo (outside of Taco Bell--great place for portraits!). This is all but one. Aren't they cute? Cousins! I was really sad to leave them.


From the plane window on the way home.

It was a great trip. Now it feels like forever ago, though.

5 comments:

  1. Those pics of the Bosque were very sharp. Very nice. My favorite pic is the one with the setting sun and the trees : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, your pictures came out so great at the Bosque del Apache that it's hard to realize we didn't hardly see any birds!! And I love the one of your nephieces. Only you can make the Taco Bell wall seem like the perfect backdrop. :) It was cool that some of the kids apparently coordinated their stripey wardrobes that day, too (I didn't realize till I saw the pic).

    Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dan!

    R - Thank you! But you probably have many of the same photos! Yeah, I guess stripes are back in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cormorant photo and the one with the wheat (?)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is definitely a keeper!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...