Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Feathered Nest


Hello! What's going on? I just had some chicken fried rice, so I'm all set to put up a blog post.


Awhile back my former coworker, Jan, contacted me about her newest venture called The Feathered Nest. I never knew, but in Mt. Angel, OR there's a place called Blackbird Granary Antiques & Curiosities where you can rent a booth and sell your goods. It's like a brick-and-mortar Etsy! Jan hired me to take pictures of her booth and some of the inventory so she could set up a Facebook page.

This was a really fun assignment. I enjoyed hearing the story of how Jan got started, seeing the pieces she was selling, and then trying to capture the spirit of the booth in my photos.



Jan is very talented at repurposing, renewing and enhancing thrift store finds. You can see from these photos that she sells a nice selection of pieces--both decorative and practical. They're also very reasonably priced! I was eyeing a few of the wall sconces myself, though I'm not in a situation to get more home decor at the moment.






Do you see anything you like? If you're in the area, you should definitely go to Blackbird Granary and check out Jan's booth. It's number 40. She's off to a great start, so she's constantly replenishing the inventory. Follow her Facebook page for booth updates.


I hope to blog more regularly again someday! I don't know how many of you are still following, but feel free to leave a comment to let me know you're around. :)

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am obviously slow to respond to comments. :) I appreciate the reading!

      Delete
    2. PS I'm also slow to respond to notes with lunch invites--sorry!!

      Delete
  2. Obviously this isn't my kind of place ; ) but it's still really cool to see the photos! I'm glad there are fun creative people out there who can do things like this...it would be super boring if everyone was like me :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I never published this comment! How weird. I must've accidentally deleted it or something. :D

      Delete
  3. There are a LOT of beautiful things here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, MMMMM chicken fried rice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fun place to shop! Great work on the photography. I think you really represented her shop well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...