Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Droplets

Happy April! Over the weekend I did some more experimenting with droplet photography. Here are a few of my favs.

[Oh and PS: I am trying some changes to my blog design and photo sizes. As I write this, my blog has a temp layout, but I hope to improve it in the coming weeks.]

I tried some more bubbles while I had all my supplies out.

And, sure, why not take some photos of the flowers themselves?

I feel like saying something about watermarks right here. I know that they don't do much in the way of protecting my photos, so my main purpose in using one is to label the pictures if they get away from my website (like on Pinterest or something). When I see photos around the web, sometimes I like to know who did the photography. Also, I hope they would at least sway someone from using them illegally.

I tried some non-flower subjects just for fun.

Elephants! This is just a picture in one of my kid nature books.

I also tried some different options for the droplets: glycerine and sugar water. I did some reading and apparently that's what some people use, and it does give a little more control over the droplet. I wouldn't say it was a breeze to work with, but it has its advantages.


Thanks for looking! The size of these photos will take [me] some getting used to, but I think it's nice to show a bit more detail. If you're reading this on your phone, it shouldn't make much difference.

I hope your April is full of goodness. :) Thank you for looking.

4 comments:

  1. These are fun! Of course you know I love the B&W of the sunflower (?). I also really like the last pic. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dan. :) My only remaining commenter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like someone else has the same taste as I have! I was just going to say that my favorite photos were the B&W daisy and the last pic. Hmmm! I like them all of course. Oh, another fave is the one with the "fairy" seeds.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still a remaining commenter, just tardy! I love the larger photo format!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...