Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July leftovers

I've taken photos here and there but haven't really done much with them, so I'm going to post a few from the past month here. Enjoy this exclusive look at never-before seen photos!! Well, most of them.

WARNING: There are a few snake photos below. I know some people hate even seeing pictures of them (for some reason?), so I'm trying to be nice. :)

Sometimes I take pictures of people's pets when they aren't looking.

Sometimes I take pictures of animals' children when they are looking.


There are some really vibrant hydrangeas in my neighborhood. I had a little mini-daydream the other day about planting tons of hydrangea plants into a big garden so that when you took pictures from a distance (a helicopter, let's say), it looked all blotchy with shades of pink, purple and blue. People would come by just to take pictures to turn into computer wallpapers. And then I would bring iced tea to the helicopter pilots.

The other day I got into a snake conversation (a snakeversation, you might say) with one of my coworkers. Her son has a python and I used to have a red-tail boa. One thing led to another and we arranged for her son to bring the snake in to work so I could get some photos. And here he is! This particular photo isn't all that wonderfully-lit, but it took many tries to get a photo of the tongue in focus.

This python was only about 4 feet or so, and you can get an idea of his size here. I didn't ask permission to post this coworker's photo, so I just cropped her out.

We posed him in the mail boxes.

Which were apparently very comfortable. Nap time!

This is part of a park I visited in Bellevue, WA (Mercer Slough Nature Park). You can see downtown Bellevue back there.

And that's it for now! See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I like random photo posts. Those snake pictures are great!

    I'm here thinking about what to post today ... I may use your random photo idea myself. We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing at the captions with the ducks and dogs... and though I'm not a big fan of snakes, the shot with him/her in the mailboxes was actually kinda charming. :) Hahahaha, he's a snake charmer! :)

    I hope you get your field of hydrangeas soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite a daydream! I can imagine you bringing out the iced tea :)

    I liked the yawning python, as well as all the photos, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, R!

    Tina - Hi! Well, I don't know that I want to keep up with a field of hydrangeas, but it would be pretty.

    Mom - Thank you! Iced tea makes the world go 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that open-mouthed snake photo!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...