Monday, May 27, 2013

Portraits - Isabella (age 1)

This was my third portrait session with Isabella/Bella and it's been fun to watch her grow up and to try different things with her pictures. You may remember that her 6-month photos were in November, so they had to be indoors and presented a new set of challenges for me. I was excited to be back outside for the 1-year photos, enjoying the weather and greenery.

Bella's mom Darcy brought along her party balloon from the week before, as well as some cute clothing to work with.

Bella wasn't quite standing on her own yet, so she had her mom help out so we could see her outfit.

I was eager to try bubbles again and had Darcy use the little bubble maker I bought awhile back. Bella wasn't sure what to make of the bubbles and seemed slightly disturbed. :)

Next, I brought out some pinwheels.

She seemed intrigued by these and was happy when she could hold one.

Darcy brought some cute little wings, which was awesome because I had been thinking of tracking some down myself. It fit with the forest setting.

Love the little tongue.

I wanted to incorporate this basket since it's in her other two sessions:

At 2 months old.

At 6 months old.

I love her little dollish face here!

Speaking of dolls, here's one I believe she got for her birthday.

She adores it, apparently. :)

Bella was happiest with her mom nearby, so Darcy is in the smiliest pictures.

I know she's drooling here, but it's cute and I didn't edit it out. She was teething, so this is a natural moment.

She was also fascinated with the dirt and it actually took a lot of effort on Darcy's part (she was jumping around trying to get Bella's attention) for Bella to look up. It was kind of hilarious, actually, as I was basically laying on the ground waiting for her to lift her face, while Darcy was the jester. Dirt was WAY more interesting.

I was loving how the flowers matched her little Easter dress so well. Oh and in case you're wondering, she is sitting on some clear plastic to protect her from the dirt.

Happy birthday, Bella!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute!! I love the props and drool... and the gate ones are probably my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And girls get to wear the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the wings! I especially love the Easter dress and am so glad you thought to put plastic down. Wouldn't want to ruin that pretty frock!

    Bella has grown so much. Great idea to use the basket for comparison. She may be able to use it at a few more sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a doll baby! So cuh-ute. I like how you've used the basket over and over. What a neat progression. These are beautiful. I wouldn't have edited the drool either. It looks like you had a lot of fun on this shoot and I'm sure her mama is going to have lots of great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone! Tina - I agree. Girls are just more fun to photograph, too. :)

    Mom, Thanks! Yeah, I think her dress may have gotten a bit of dirt, but should've washed out okay.

    R - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...