Saturday, May 11, 2013

Jewelry

I had the opportunity to practice with the macro lens on some jewelry (not mine). Annnnd I don't know what else to say about that. Enjoy.

This moss looks like shag carpet to me. Oh and I got lazy about my watermark on many of these.





It was way too windy outside to place the rings on flowers (I tried), so I had to make due with what we had in the house.



Photographing jewelry is pretty fun--I'd like to try it again with more prop ideas. Some wedding photographers get really creative with their ring shots.

I'll just finish off my California photos here. I had a couple more of this cute type of bug that I wanted to share.

The rose looks kind of like butter.

I love yellow roses! And this one has nice tinges of pink.

Upcoming photo plans: This weekend I may visit Schreiner's Iris Garden up in Keizer. I'm also hoping to catch a poppy field in bloom in the next month, though I'm not exactly sure where it is or when it'll be in bloom. Next weekend I have a portrait shoot that I'm looking forward to. And in July I'm visiting my sisters and their families, so I will hopefully come back with lots of cute nephiece photos.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms reading!

4 comments:

  1. That last rose picture is BREATHTAKING. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melanie! :) Thanks for looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mom's ring on the strawberry. Perfectly posed. I always rest my wedding ring on fruit. :)

    But I get that it was the macro practice that mattered and not the fruit. What it comes down to is that you are a brilliant photographer and have the ability to make any pose beautiful.

    Thank you for the happy Mother's day wishes. I can't wait for you to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually got to see some of these earlier on Dad's lap top. They are beautiful. I could use some of these a insurance pictures. (I hope they wouldn't be needed for anything, though)

    I like the little grasshopper looking bug, too. :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...