Monday, April 15, 2013

California


Hey, readers! I had meant to post more often while at my parents' house, but it hasn't happened. I have been taking millions of pictures, though, and hope to share them with you in the coming weeks. Below are just a few to show the kinds of subjects I've been photographing.

While hiking yesterday, my parents and I saw many of these butterflies. I looked it up and it's a Pipevine Swallowtail. I don't think I've seen one before! They just look black while flying, but have these dots on their underside and an iridescent sort of blue sheen when the light hits them right (particularly on their other side--stay tuned for better photos).

Later in the evening, my friend Dania came over and helped me practice droplet photos. (Thank you, Dania!) Capturing a droplet with a reflection of something recognizable is way harder than I thought. But this is one of my favorites, so far.

Today, my mom helped me practice bubble photography. (Thank you, Mom!) Again, harder than it looks due to breeze and bubble placement. It was a challenge, but I got a few that I like, including the above. This is in a patch of California poppies in my parents' backyard.

Obviously, having photography assistants is extremely helpful, and I appreciate the energy and willingness from my friends and family who help out. :)

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more pictures from your trip!

    My weekend had ups and downs but I feel really optimistic about stuff. "I'm on top of the world!" To quote an older movie that probably no one has seen but me.

    What? You've seen Titanic, too? What a weird coincidence. I guess that makes two of us.

    Hello?

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello butterfly! Love that butterfly pic, very cool : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rainbow droplet is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so quick to get your photos up! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...