Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dawn Patrol


Hi, friends. :) I'm in New Mexico and can't post much, but thought I'd share a quick photo. It's unedited, so I hope to show you some better ones later.

My sister wrote up a thorough explanation of our attempt to see the first mass ascension yesterday, so go there to read more about that.

I was pretty disappointed and unsure of when we'd have another opportunity like that, so I suggested we try again today, even though that meant waking up super early for the second day in a row. It was definitely harder to wake up, but it was worth it.

This photo is from the very beginning of the morning events. They send up a few balloons while it's still dark and do a little glowing before the rest of the balloons are inflated. It was one of the most exciting parts of the morning. There was happy anticipation all over the field, and I felt really lucky to watch something so cool. This picture doesn't really capture all of that, so I highly recommend experiencing it for yourself.

I'll be back again tonight for some other balloon events, and some day I will post lots of pictures, probably many of them repetitive. My camera just wouldn't stop. ;)

Have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. That looks great! I can't wait until Dad and I are there, too.
    What a beautiful and exciting photo!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had such a fun time with you, Jessica. Dawn Patrol was awesome.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...