Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day



I'm suddenly feeling very grateful for all the nice things people have done for me, and even though that seems more like a Thanksgiving post, I thought I'd list a few thank-yous here (and I know I'm missing A BUNCH). This is just off the top.

1. Thanks to any friends and family who have been willing to let me take pictures of them, whether for practice or because they needed them for some purpose. As much as I hate having my own picture taken, I extra appreciate your cooperation.

2. Thanks to Dania (and anyone else) for visiting me several times in the past year or so! I was just thinking about how fun that was to have her company. Dania, I hope you might consider coming again this year. :) (One thing that reminded me of this is that the above rose photo was taken when she and I went to Butchart Gardens in '07.)

3. Thanks to anyone who has been hospitable to me. Friends, relatives, immediate family, and acquaintances. I know how much work can be involved in having guests stay. It's so nice that people have made beds and meals and welcomed me over the years--even people who barely know me, sometimes!

4. Thanks to anyone who reads this blog. :) And especially thanks to anyone who comments either on this blog, in email, or in person. I know there's a lot of stuff you could be reading and the fact that you take time out for me is very awesome of you.

5. Thanks to my parents for taking my sisters and I places when we were kids and still as adults. The other day I was thinking about all of the really great memories I have of special times as a family--days on Lake Tahoe, trips to Disneyland, delicious restaurants, camping, trips to Mexico. The list goes on and on, and I might post about it more sometime. I know that it's a lot of effort and expense to do stuff like that, but I have really wonderful memories to show for it. My dad takes care of the overall vision and planning fun adventures, and my mom is the cheerleader and caretaker as she assists my dad and does lots of little chores here and there to keep things running smoothly.

6. Thanks to my nieces and nephews for being so adorable and also for liking to spend time with me! They're such an ego boost. I love them and love having them in my life. See you soon, S, C, Z, J, C, L, K, N and E! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

7. Thanks to my close friends for letting me vent and whine and talk about the same things over and over. For sharing inside jokes with me, supporting me, complimenting me, liking my cooking, helping me with the dishes afterwards, watching movies with me even when I criticize them throughout, teaching me games, answering my texts, and cheerfully putting up with overly-analytical and sarcastic me.

8. Thanks to my coworkers for being so nice! I can't ever complain that I am not appreciated at work. I am continually getting comments of praise about my work. It feels unfair, sometimes, because I happen to have a job (graphic design/photography) where I have something to show for my effort, while many people can be overlooked even though they work a lot harder than I do.

9. Thanks to anyone in customer service who is consistently helpful and kind when I know it's hard to deal with many people out there. We all have to work in customer service to an extent, but people in retail, food service, customer service call centers, etc. have to deal with an extra dose of unfriendly people on a regular basis. It's impressive when they can still be so pleasant despite that.

10. And thanks to God for all of the above and so much more!

You're all my Valentine's! Hearts all around! ♥

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, too, for all the goodness that is you. :) Can't wait to see you in a few more days.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, great post! You're very welcome for any of those things I'm included in : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... this post left me feeling full of hopes and happiness... simply because you were overflowing with love... on Valentine's no less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post, it put me in a good mood, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thank you for blogging, sharing your life and photos with us! :) I read but haven't been commenting lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica- I am thankful for you! But I really want to see pics of the wedding.....hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I didn't get to comment on this post earlier. It is great!!
    Valentine's Day and Thankful Thursday all rolled in on a Tuesday. Thank you for being you! Thanks for the nice comments about Dad and me, too! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was sweet!! I'm thankful we're friends! I hope one day, sooner than later, we can spend time together. With Dania too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...