Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mom's visit


My mom visited me this weekend, and I was just telling her how today has been very satisfying in a Simple Pleasures sort of way.


After church we visited the nearby wildlife refuge and saw some funny American Coots and various other birds.


Then we came home and watched the second half of my favorite movie, Pride and Prejudice, with the heater going and pillows and blankets on the couch. It was very lazy and relaxing. Oh and we ate Girl Scout cookies. :)




After the movie we saw wood ducks swimming around and eventually saw two young deer behind my place.


Finally, we cooked a lobster dinner! I had purchased two lobster tails on a great sale, and I had never made them before. We read some instructions and worked together to figure them out. I made some rice pilaf and zucchini to go with them, and I finally opened the bottle of grape juice my dad bought me at the Spruce Goose museum.

I need to post wedding photos (and NM trip photos!), and I will soon. I'm about halfway through them, making basic edits and narrowing them down. It's a process. I just figured I'd stop in with a few quick photos from the day since I haven't blogged in awhile.


This mallard was jealous of all the photos I was taking of wood ducks and deer, so I thought I'd give him a little recognition. They may be common, but they're still pretty!

Have a wonderful week. :) I think Mom and I are going to watch my butterfly documentary now. It's been a DVD-y weekend for me!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, again, for the great weekend. Your pictures turned out marvelous! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice, relaxing time. I'm sure you both needed it! Beautiful pictures -- especially the one of Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the deer pics!

    Hi Mom!

    The Spruce Goose was featured in the book I just finished (Dream Park).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mallard is GREAT.

    Your mom is just so beautiful. Her face has so much expression and happiness.

    I love everything!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...