Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bottled Water Reviews

Market Pantry (from Target)
This is delicious water! It's like the ice cream of waters, hold the cream. They sell it for a reasonable price, too, and my only complaint is that the label is boring. Even the name isn't all that enticing. Market Pantry doesn't make me think of cold, refreshing water, it makes me think of room temperature snacks.

Nestlé
I know, how weird is it that Nestlé makes water and doesn't even disguise the brand? It's like if Hershey's made water. Or Cadbury. I don't want chocolate water (chocolate soda taught me that there is an evil side to our dark friend), but it's often on sale so I have been able to get past the name and enjoy the water. It's good enough. Recently they changed their bottle design to something more curvy and it actually makes me like the water more. It's funner to hold. It really is - pick one up and tell me I'm wrong.

Evian
This is the brand of water I associate with all rich or perfect people. The few times I've had it I haven't been that impressed. Plus, it's hard to say - is it like Ev-ee-un or Ev-ee-on?

Aquafina
Something is wrong with this water. I'll drink it if it's the only thing available, but it seems to have an aftertaste to me. I shouldn't have to experience an aftertaste with a beverage that has no taste to begin with. That's not fair.

Oregon Rain
This is disappointing, because the label and concept seem really tempting. It says it's "virgin water," never touched by the earth but gathered in rain farms. To be honest, it tastes like it's gone farther than first base with the earth, maybe even several times. Plus it's super expensive unless you can find it in 99 cent bottles at a grocery store (when sold separately). I guess it's kind of a fun Oregon souvenir, though.

16 comments:

  1. I like your description of "Oregon Rain." It made me laugh out loud.

    I agree with you about Aquafina.

    My personal favorites are Dasani and Fiji, but Fiji is priced like the bottle is lined with gold. I only buy it for special occasions like weddings and funerals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed about Fiji! Is it melted diamonds or something?!

    I guess there's not a way to comment to a person here, I just have to leave a comment and people figure out who it's for.. and this one is for canticles! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwhahaha. LOVE IT!

    And I DESPISE Aquafina water! It tastes like butt. :P Like you, I only drink it when I have to, but it really makes me unhappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Laura, you're killing me! Now I will never be able to drink Aquafina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of Dasani, but I've never had Market Pantry(at least I don't think so)

    Hey, on a strange sidenote, the word verification word for this comment is "abless". Is it possible to be completely abless? I mean, even if your abs are not the greatest you aren't without abs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've never noticed an aftertaste with aquafina. i'm anxious to try it and see, haha. "this tastes horrible- try it!"

    my fave bottled water is actually smart water. tastes great and comes in really cute bottles. i live on that stuff here in the city- really should get a brita but i'm lazy. oops. i recycle the bottles if that counts for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess people can probably be born abless as a deformity...they just fold over and have to walk on all fours. Or probably crab walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart Water sounds familiar but I don't think I've had it.

    Recycling counts! I sometimes do.. :P Actually, I'm so lazy that I give my recycleables to others so I don't have to stand there at the machine inserting cans and bottles all the live long day. I'll pass on the $2.65 if I can save myself those ten minutes at the dirty machine. I'm such a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure that even a folded over person would still have abs, at least a little bit.

    Standing at a machine? I've never done that before. I just wait until I have like 5 or 6 garbage bags full and take them to the recycle place, they dump them all into a plastic garbage can, weigh them and then give me the money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know where a recycle place like that is around here. I guess I should look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I'm late to the party, but I completely agree about Aquafina. I don't know how water can be so bad. Deer Park and Dasani are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny, Aquafina is actually my preferred brand.

    The one I can't stand is Arrowhead. I don't drink much bottled water, so the case I bought forever ago is still sitting on my fridge.

    Smart Water! That is really, really good. I think it's probably the best bottled water I've ever had, but I don't really see it much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why have I never tried this Intelligent Water? Is it just plain or is it flavored?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you review Kirkland water for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha.. I'd have to try it again! I don't remember having any strong feelings about it last time I drank it, but I thought that was true of Arrowhead and now I'm trying to make my way through a case of it and it's so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a fan of Arrowhead, either. However, I can provide some hope in that by the time I had finished a case of it, I had kind of gotten used to the taste...so there is hope...:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...