Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Portraits: Pami, Sydney and Sasha

My friend Pami recently adopted two adorable Shih Tzu sisters, Sydney and Sasha. She wanted to include them on her Christmas card this year, so we went out and did a really quick photo shoot once the temps finally warmed up. The weather and light were perfect, and everything went very smoothly.

According to Wikipedia, two other names for this breed are Chinese Lion Dog and Chrysanthemum Dog! How awesome is that? Mum Dog. Put a pot of them on your porch in the fall.


I haven't done a lot of pet photography, but these dogs seemed like very easy subjects. For one thing, they are fairly mellow and love to stay close to Pami. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get many photos with both looking at the camera, but it turned out to be pretty easy. I just called their names and they'd look over and hold the pose. They're naturals.

Fun fact: I used my macro lens for all of these pictures. I definitely want to do more portraits with that lens!

This is Sydney. She's larger, braver and kind of the leader of the two.

And little Sasha. A bit fearful, but really sweet!



I can't believe it's just a week until Christmas. I hope you're having a nice holiday season so far! Mine has been fairly stress-free, which is great. I'm just about done shopping and will be heading to my parents' house this weekend. I'm excited to hang out with them and I'm also looking forward to a little San Francisco trip I have planned with my friend Dania! I'll talk more about it later (like after I get back? :)). Meanwhile, if I don't post again (chances are so-so), have a very good Christmas. Spend some time doing something merry.

7 comments:

  1. Those dogs are so cute. It is hard to take photos of animals. I'm surprised that these two were so responsive to your call. The fact that they are calm and attached to Pami doesn't surprise me though. Remember how Prissy would just lay on the couch or in someone's lap? C and R used to call her a slug. Very cute photos and cute subjects> (Pami's cute, too!)

    Thank you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I remember Prissy being a total lap dog, but I didn't know if it was a breed thing. I can't remember much about Linus.

      Delete
  2. Cute photos! The dogs cooperated nicely for you. I've done some pet portraits that almost drove me crazy.... =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've not done a lot of pet photos but they're definitely not always very cooperative!

      Delete
  3. Cute :) They look like they behaved well and cooperated for you. I've had some that were wild and crazy. Pet portraits are fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these shots! Not only is Pami so photogenic as always, but her pups ARE naturals! You do great pet photography. Not just from these, but I was relooking at those of Nova with Z you took when you were here and they are so cute. Next time you come visit, we should specifically have you do more Nova shots. She's getting older and we want to get some really nice ones before her time here ends. Unfortunately, she can't hear anymore and can only barely see, so she might not be as cooperative as these girls, but you would do world's better than anything I've come up with, I think. You have the eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure I do so well, but thank you for the nice words. I'd love to do Nova shots! She'd probably be easy like Sunday morning.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...