Monday, September 10, 2012

September Days

I wish I were better at blogging lately, but life and my hesitations get in the way. But maybe you'll be happy to know that I decided to do a photo-a-day project for the month of September.

The tricky part is that in my blog I am careful about what I post. I don't like to post images of people if I didn't ask permission, and I like to keep specific information, like my workplace, out of the public eye (for the most part). That means some vagueness, but these will still tell you a bit about life these days. I'll try to post them every week or so. Here are the first nine days!

[NOTE: These aren't meant to be great examples of photography.]


9/1:  Making freezer burritos for a friend.


9/2: Finally started another puzzle.


9/3: A conversation with my dad which was a great way to start off my week. Hm... do I want to spend Thanksgiving break on a beach in Mexico? Let me think... HECK YES. (PS I like how my dad writes "This is your dad speaking," instead of just, "It's Dad." Haha.. am I in trouble? ;) Dad, I hope you don't mind me posting your texts here!)


9/4: Another department at work threw us an apology BBQ after they forgot to show up to a pizza lunch we had planned a couple of weeks before. :P They also brought these pies to the pizza coordinators.


9/5: The moon has been in a very convenient position, and it caught my eye as I walked by the back door.


9/6: Some birthday presents for a friend I was about to visit.


9/7: A different birthday boy. We threw a surprise birthday gathering for my boss, and they put the full 65 candles on the cake and had an extinguisher standing by.


9/8: I went up to the Seattle area to visit a friend, and on Saturday we took in some Tacoma sights. I have always been kind of critical of Tacoma (what little I had seen), but this visit really changed my opinion. The weather was perfect and some of the views of Puget Sound were soooooooooooooooo beautiful. It was a really great day. More photos to come.


9/9: Then we went up to Snoqualmie Falls on Sunday. It was my second visit, and I was glad to see it again at a different time of year.

I hope you guys have had a good start to your September! We're already a 1/3 of the way in. Mine has been pretty great so far. :)

8 comments:

  1. I love seeing your photos. The birthday gift appears to be wrapped in cloth. Lovely. I was cracking up at the photo of texts. The Washington pictures look so refreshing!

    This is your mom speaking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! It's wrapped in paper but I see what you mean--something about the reflections and folds does look like cloth in that photo. :D Haha...this is your favorite daughter speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your sister speaking. ;-)

    These pictures are great and do tell me about things going on in your life. I love it. I was laughing about some of these. The extinguisher, for example.

    What the heck, Dad, don't I get to come down to San Felipe for Thanksgiving?! I'm sure my husband and kids won't miss me that time of year. Ha! (I'm kidding, of course.) I hope all of you have a great time and I can't wait to see pictures afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous are those last two pics?! Love the B&W freezer burritos too of course : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is... the Tina speaking.

    Love the pictures. Mucho Laughter. Oh man, taking the train to Tacoma is stunning. Or at least the ride home with the sun going down on the Sound. With the right angles, the views are magical.

    Your next big trip should be to see my super cool sunroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really funny about the humble pie!

    Is Tacoma across the sound from Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all!

    Brenda, not necessarily "across," but in a different section. Here's a map. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely present!

    That gazebo is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...