Thursday, January 27, 2011

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars



I got this recipe from a friend the other day, and it sounded so good I had to try it immediately. I brought a batch to work and got several compliments.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons peanut butter

DIRECTIONS

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13" baking pan.

In the top of a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, melt the chocolate chips with the 4 tablespoons peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. (I just used the microwave to heat the chips 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between and then adding the peanut butter.) Spread on top of the mixture in the baking pan.

Refrigerate for about 1 hour before cutting into bars. Or, if you're like me, for 30 minutes in the freezer.

7 comments:

  1. Yummm! I printed this page. Thanks!
    - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. With me, I doubt they would even make it INTO the freezer. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at Brenda! Yeah, they look pretty darn tasty! Might have to make them myself sometime...but only if I can take them somewhere and not eat a whole pan myself!

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. These do look really yummy. I'll bet the kids would like them. Someday when I get more ambitious in the kitchen, I'll surprise everyone with these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, let me know how they turn out!

    Brenda - Haha--I may have taken it out of the freezer a few times to check if it was set yet. :)

    Dan - You can make a quarter batch, like I did the first time. It's not all that much. Or an 1/8 batch? :)

    R - Yeah they're very easy. They seriously take like 10 minutes to prepare, and then they just sit in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I just made these. They are cooling in the fridge as we speak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another friend made these this weekend too! :) Let me know how you like them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...